Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Greek to me!

As the dedicated study abroad student I am, I have started learning about Greek!
So let me teach you a little about the motherland I am going to be living in:

  • Athens is the capital of Greece.
  • Greece's population is 11 million
  • Karolos Papoulias is the president of Greece
  • George Papandreou is the prime minister






Now on to the language:

  • Eυχαριστώ (Efharisto) means 'Thank You'
  • Σας Eυχαριστώ Πάρα πολύ (Sas Efharisto para poli) means 'I thank you very much' (formal)
  • Παρακαλώ (Parakalo) means 'You're Welcome' and 'Please' (score two phrases in one!)
  • Δεν κάνει τίποτα (Den Kani Tipota) means 'It's Nothing'
Soooo I have only had three lessons so far in Greek, but if you are interested in learning more you can go to www.survivalphrases.com or visit iTunes for podcasts:)

1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.and i would to recommend you my work

    ReplyDelete