Friday, March 11, 2011

Hungry Anyone?

Yes I'm a live, I realize its been quiet sometime since I've contributed to the blog forgive me I have just been putting it off. Let me start telling you about Holland through my favorite subject, food. Last night one of my classmates and his friends kindly offered to cook a traditional Dutch cuisine called Stamppot. It looks a lot like this picture here:
Their ingredients were quite different than the picture;  mashed potatoes, green beans (instead of brussel sprouts eww),  bell peppers, onions, bacon, curry spicing, coconut milk and rookworst (sausage)
I hope to make it for anyone who is willing when I return to the states. I must admit this dish is not far off from others I have tried but it was certainly quiet an experience to have Dutch natives cook a Dutch dish. I quiet enjoyed it and maybe you will too!
My next adventure in the food department will be the famous kroket!
till next time, Kind regards!
Quin

1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.and i would to recommend you my work

    ReplyDelete